Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Images in Spreads not Linking and Disappearing Across Files

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

This is for work so I am going to try to describe this issue the best I can without using screenshots. I am currently working on a large report (100+ spreads) which has frames linked directly to separate, smaller InDesign files. I took over this report a few months ago when the guy who built the file template left, so I'm not 100% familiar with every setting applied to the doc, but I don't think this is a setting issue.

There are six or seven spreads where both linked images and text do not appear on linked boards on this report. When I go into their original files,  everything is linked and where it should be. The report also has no missing or updated links. The linked frames in the report will feature random (static) images and text and omit others. I can't figure out how to fix it. Any advice?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Have you tried relinking the images in the original InDesign files and then resaving them through the "Save As" command and then reimporting those files into the master InDesign file? Sometimes there is something that does not on the surface appear to be awry that can be fixed by simply redoing the original process. It does not logically make sense that this will work but it often does.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hayley5E6E ,

Thanks for reaching out. I found a similar discussion which you can refer to here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/images-and-text-boxes-disappearing-files-still-l...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried relinking the images in the original InDesign files and then resaving them through the "Save As" command and then reimporting those files into the master InDesign file? Sometimes there is something that does not on the surface appear to be awry that can be fixed by simply redoing the original process. It does not logically make sense that this will work but it often does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hayley5E6E 

We would like to follow up on this issue, did the suggestions help?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, saving as helped, thank you!

Our office is currently migrating data servers and I realized by going through the save as process that the file paths to a few linked files had been corrupted and were not linked but also not appearing as unlinked. The 'save as' trick showed me where this was the case and I was able to relink from that. Thanks a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines