• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with updating Cross References

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afternoon all, and thank you in advance for anyone who can help me out here.

So I have imported a Word file into my ID file. It's a 100 page report and where things are bold or italic, they've come in fine. The footnotes have all come in and it's all going well.

However it has about 90 cross references in, now I've worked with hyperlinks and bits and pieces but never cross references - so bear with me.

In the Word file the blue highlight (like a hyperlink) which is the cross reference is for example 'Ruf F., 1995)' and then it jumps to the full sentence. 

But when I update the references in ID it puts the whole sentence in, which isn't what I want.

Is there an easy way to update all of these or do I need to learn how it works and re-do all of them?  I am attaching the scrren shotsof the Word file.

Phew! If anyone can advise or guide me that would be brilliant, thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dave Spours ,

Thanks for reaching out. I found a similar discussion on the community which you can refer to here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/cross-reference-import-from-ms-word/m-p/12592543...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that looks like a very handy plug in, but I've already dropped all the content into a 100 page ID document so I don't think it will work.

But have you used it? As I have 2 language documents for this job, I am doing a French and Spanish version and wonder if I can update the English with the French and Spanish?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines