• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jump list in dialog box not working when placing or opening files

Participant ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, I've upgraded to a new Windows 11 computer and naturally a few things aren't working as they should or that I'm accustomed to. This question has to do with placing files in documents and it's actually happening in both InDesign and Photoshop (Creative Cloud current versions).

Normally when I'm placing an image in a document (or opening a file) as soon as I type the first few letters of the file I want to place (or open), the dialog box has a jump list appear in it so I can quickly select the file. But on the new computer that's not happening and I have to scroll through the multitude of files in the folder to find my target. Very inefficient and frustrating.

I'm sure there's a simple setting "somewhere" that I've missed but the mindboggling number of things necessary to customize a new computer has my brain at a standstill. Any clues for the clueless would be most welcome. THANKS!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Appreciate the effort but no, not what I was trying to describe. Windows has great search capabilities but I was referring to working within Indd and Psd files. However, I think it might be working now (fingers crossed) and mostly all I did was update and reboot a few times. Again, fingers crossed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a WIN often but I don't recall which jump list are you talking about. On a MAC the file open dialog does have a search field which when entered with a text searches the files with that name. Is this something that you are after? Isn't there a search bar on WIN open dialog?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the effort but no, not what I was trying to describe. Windows has great search capabilities but I was referring to working within Indd and Psd files. However, I think it might be working now (fingers crossed) and mostly all I did was update and reboot a few times. Again, fingers crossed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you show me some screenshots so that I understand what you are reffering to. Might be helpful to guide someone who might be in the same boat as you sometime in the future. Thanks for sharing the feedback and the progress.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines