• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep Anchored Frame On Page?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a book project and have a number of Illustrator graphic files placed into frames anchored to text:

correct.jpg

When I add text upstream of the page, the graphics sometimes flow off the bottom of the page:

overflow.jpg

I end up just adding some empty paragraphs upstream to push the graphic onto the next page, but is there a better way to do this, or get InDesign to push the frame to the next page automatically?  (I come from a Framemaker background :-))

Thanks!

John

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

You can set an number of characteristics for anchored frames by right-clicking on the anchor icon and selecting Anchored Object. Between those and the settings for text wrap, you can get a fair amount of position automation... but only that. ID has fairly limited auto-placement features or rules.

So if you muck around upstream from anchored elements, there's not much you can do except work downstream and reposition them as needed.

You can also skip anchoring graphics, and let text flow aroun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set an number of characteristics for anchored frames by right-clicking on the anchor icon and selecting Anchored Object. Between those and the settings for text wrap, you can get a fair amount of position automation... but only that. ID has fairly limited auto-placement features or rules.

So if you muck around upstream from anchored elements, there's not much you can do except work downstream and reposition them as needed.

You can also skip anchoring graphics, and let text flow around them,. but that can make reorganizing a document messy and tedious, and will be a problem if you're seeking to export to EPUB.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines