• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Keep fixed spacing betwin objects while resizing them all

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !
This one is a question I'm asking myself since the first time I started using Indesign :
Is there any way to keep a fixed spacing betwin objects when I'm actually resizing them all at once ?

For example : each time I resize 3 objects spaced by 5 mm each, let's say 200%, those resized objects are now spaced by 10 mm... but I actually want them to stay at 5 mm to each other. I had to struggle with Indesign for years on this, resizing, then distribute spacing, then resize again, redistribute, and so on... to end up with something not perfectly accurate.

So, am I missing something here ? It will be a shame such a piece of software will not be able to handle easely...

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tom Ollier ,

Thanks for reaching out. I found a similar discussion on the InDesign community which you can refer to here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/how-to-keep-space-between-objects-the-same-after... 

In addition to this, I also found an article that you can refer to here https://creativepro.com/tip-week-setting-exact-space-objects/

I am leaving this discussion open for other expert suggestions.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can see why ID doesn't behave this way or offer a simple option to do so; it's just a little off the grid (pun intended) of what any signficant number of users would do often enough to validate the feature.

But it seems within easy reach of a script. Select objects, set scaling factor and v/h spacing, click. Would probably have to manually reposition the group after that but even something simple like adjust anchoring values would be scriptable as well.

| Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Pro Guide (Amazon)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines