Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcut for next page

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I can not figure out the hotkeys to quickly go to the next, previous, first or last pages. Please help. I tried holding shift + the up or down arrow and nothing happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

If you happen to be on a Macintosh without a dedicated Page Up or Page Down key (like my MacBook Pro), try "fn + Shift + Up" or "fn + Shift + Down". Use the "fn" key at the bottom left corner of your keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

fn + Shift + Down worked! Thank you so much for your fast response.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you happen to be on a Macintosh without a dedicated Page Up or Page Down key (like my MacBook Pro), try "fn + Shift + Up" or "fn + Shift + Down". Use the "fn" key at the bottom left corner of your keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you. I know this is four years late, but you saved me a lot of headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What keyboard and operating system are you using? Full keyboard with a numeric keypad? Laptop without one? Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was wondering, my standard QWERTY keyboard doesn't have a "down key" down arrow doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can map all InDesign keys to any combination you like, under Edit | Keyboard Shortcuts. Choose any control+key combination that works on your system.

I dislike InDesign's page down/up function; it's useless to jump between partial page views. So I remap Next/Prev Spread to PageUp and PageDown instead. Go wild. 🙂

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fn + Shift + Down worked! Thank you so much for your fast response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need to thank you for this info. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines