Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts not working in InDesign 2022

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the "usual" keyboard shortcuts in InDesign (2022 version) like "Command S" for "Save" etc., and every shortcut that should be available is grayed out in all of the menus. When I go to "Edit, Keyboard Shortcuts" it shows that the "Default" InDesign keyboard shortcuts are supposedly being used so I'm not sure what's going on and how to correct this problem. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

JB

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Sure!

I feel pretty silly now that I didn't realize this, but apparently even though the shortcuts are "grayed out" in the menu, they work! I just assumed that since they were gray they weren't working because I'm not used to working with this newest version of ID. The older versions did not show the shortcuts in gray. But of course I should have experimented further before I posted the question!

Hope that helps anyone more familiar with the old versions of ID who might have been confused at first

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out what's going on. The keyboard shortcuts are working!

I retract my question 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the spirit of the Community forums, it would be great if you could explain what you did to fix the issue. It will help others with the same question in the near future. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure!

I feel pretty silly now that I didn't realize this, but apparently even though the shortcuts are "grayed out" in the menu, they work! I just assumed that since they were gray they weren't working because I'm not used to working with this newest version of ID. The older versions did not show the shortcuts in gray. But of course I should have experimented further before I posted the question!

Hope that helps anyone more familiar with the old versions of ID who might have been confused at first like me 😉

JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, @JB2335!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines