Exit

LAB color export properly

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have an issue,

how do I export a LAB color without losing the super fluo effect?

In attachment I will send a screenshot of the lab file on the right and the rgb on the left.

If I import the lab file into indesign no matter what I do it will be undertoned like the left ones in the screenshor, even if I have transparency space on RGB and the overprint preview acrivated.

I don't understand why the only way to catch up the LAB color effect is a screenshot,

any suggestion will be really helpful!

Thank you!Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 10.56.10.png

TOPICS
Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

The destination is for screen, it's already rgb assigned

But what is the assigned RGB profile?:

Screen Shot 1.png

Is there a reason you are working in Lab? If the document is going to be exported for screen viewing why not edit in sRGB? Your images and InDesign files should have the sRGB profile embedded.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @guggaaaaaa , what is your InDesign’s document’s assigned RGB profile (Edit>Assign Profiles...)? When there is transparency on the spread the Lab color would be brought into the document’s RGB space, so a smaller RGB space like sRGB would clip a large portion of the very large Lab space. Is the document’s destination for print or screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you rob day for the reply! The destination is for screen, it's already rgb assigned, I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The destination is for screen, it's already rgb assigned

But what is the assigned RGB profile?:

Screen Shot 1.png

Is there a reason you are working in Lab? If the document is going to be exported for screen viewing why not edit in sRGB? Your images and InDesign files should have the sRGB profile embedded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines