Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lateral space/gap between left and right pages of a master spread

Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1-Is there are way to insert a (horizontal) space between the left and right pages of a master spread?

2-Is there a way to create one master page for left page only and another master page for right page only, without any elements that lie outside the master pages to show on the opposite page?

I have elements that go beyond the page and if I create a master spread, those elements step on the opposite page of the spread. However, I do not want the part of the elements that step outside the page to show. The same problem occurs if I create a one page master that I use for left page and another one page master that I use for right page.

My preference is to deal with this in the master pages and not shuffle pages in the document.

This is for CS4.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

If I understand your question, you have items on the Left MP, that will go on the left pages of a facing pages document that extend out the limits of that MP on its right side, and thus will appear on the opposite right pages, and the other way around.

Well, select everything you have on the left MP,

Cut it, draw a a rectangle frame from corner to corner (full page size) and

Paste Into.

frame mp@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your question, you have items on the Left MP, that will go on the left pages of a facing pages document that extend out the limits of that MP on its right side, and thus will appear on the opposite right pages, and the other way around.

Well, select everything you have on the left MP,

Cut it, draw a a rectangle frame from corner to corner (full page size) and

Paste Into.

frame mp@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Federico. I had not thought of this option. Though I can't cut the object (it's a file), I can still paste it inside a frame and shift it around. I will try. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reviving my own thread!  🙂

Does this mean the answer to question 1 is NO?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if the document is setup as Facing Pages, but single page documents can still have multiple page spreads and in that case the spread’s pages can be repositioned with the Pages tool.

This thread explains how to do it for wire-o binding where an inside bleed might be required:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/gutter-bleed-still-the-same/m-p/11367643#M198592

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob. Does moving pages and spacing them in the Pages panel work in CS4 too? I am able to move pages but cannot space them other than sticking them together in the panel (I'm not talking about master pages here but the document pages).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Page Tool, which lets you move a page’s position on the pasteboard, got added in CS5.

Screen Shot 12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't find it. A quick read online seems to confirm that the Page Tool was introduced in CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines