• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layout Adjustment Still Broken

Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A while back Adobe seriously broke Layout Adjustment (in my maybe-not-so-humble opinion) but at least have now added the option to NOT adjust text size.

However, we have several series designs that use anchored text frames to set type as marginalia outside of the main text flow. Despite having the frames anchored relative to the base line the anchor is in, the anchored frames move vertically when a Parent Page is applied that has a different bottom margin and layout adjustment is turned on. AND, worse yet, those shifted frams DO NOT show as overridden even though they no longer match the settings in the style?!?!?!

Turning on "Prevent Manual Positioning" in the object style of the anchored frames helps the shifting, but then we can't easily edit the text in those frames. When you select the anchor in text, you at least get the "Anchored Object" menu on the right mouse button and can at least turn off the "Prevent Manual Positioning" for that particular frame. But, that's more work than I'd like to do to simply edit text, and if we don't reapply the style to remove the override the frame will shift later if another master is applied.

Does anyone know of any solution that is easier than having to turn on "Prevent Manual Positioning" in the object style?

Thanks,
Ken

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I've given up on the Layout Adjustment again. Locking the frames mentioned above isn't the only thing.

With Layout Adjustment on InDesign changes the size of table cells.

I'd be very interested to hear other people's take on this. When Layout Adjustment simply kept frames that were on the margins, on the margins, that was fine. Automatically adjusting leading and/or position of things is a MAJOR issue with the book work we do where there are specifications as to how things should be set.  Does anyone use Layout Adjustment or is it as broken for most folks as it is for us?

Sorry I have no cheeze to leave with my wine.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines