• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layout for a deck of cards

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I have to create a lay out of a deck of cards. I wanted to know if it is possible to tile the front and back of the card without them being attached (so I keep the margins under control) and if it is possible to number only the cards on the right (which would be the front of the card) I attach example. Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many sets are you going to print?

YOu can set this up with the front and back next to each other and print as a work and turn job so you get two identical sets per sheet when you print both sides or you can print fronts on one side and backs on the other. It works out to the same number of plates either way.

A far as numbering, I would make a numbered list in Excel where it's easy to auto-fill a column with progressive numbers, then save as a .text file. Put a text frame in each card that needs a number on your Master/Parent page and thread them together. Create a pargraph style fior the numbers that includes Start in Next Frame and place the text file to number the cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mathiasmazzetti as Peter pointed out this could be produced as a work and turn job. An alternative for the numbering could be setting it up directly in InDesign with numbering across stories. Create a text frame and activate numbering, add a space character then edit the list and numbering options as in the screenshots below (that will eliminate the dot after the number). You can use either Paragraph or Character Styles for the numbers. That should work, too.

numbering.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines