• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library items land on random pages

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using the library I created for a document successfully, suddenly the items I drag onto a page land on the pasteboard of the page I previously dragged an item to. EG, I drag an item to page 24 then scroll down to the next spread and attempt to drag a (different) item onto page 26, but my screen jumps back to page 24 and the dragged item lands on the very edge of the pasteboard on that page. Previously dragged item is deselected, nothing active on the previous spread. V17.4, Mac platform. Thanks in anticipation!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you holding down Option or Alt when doing this? This would add the item to the original location it was added from. 

Are you talking about Library or CC Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Library, not CC Library, and I'm not holding down any keys. As I said, it was working fine, suddenly it's not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

----

If a document is not behaving well then try 

File>Export 

Choose IDML

Open the IDML in InDesign
Save the file as a new InDesign file with a new name
See if the issue persists.

-----

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines