• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License Revoked

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have recently been tasked with upgrading our old machines with newer pcs. We have a single license for InDesign CS6 purchased legitimately and has worked for the years we have had it. Recently went to install indesign on the new pc and when I put the license in it says its revoked. The License is certinally legitimate as we have strict rules and auditing in place to make sure of this. Obviously Adobe have moved over to the CC subscription service and no longer sell licenses and as its old software I cannot find a new license online. Now due to the nature of the work we undertake we cannot ever use any cloud based services so upgradeding to the CC version is NOT an option EVER. Is there any way I can get the license reactivated or a replacement?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

On behalf of Adobe …

To add to and confirm other information that others have provided earlier in this thread.

Issues in terms of activation absolutely cannot be resolved on these forums. They require a call to Adobe Customer Support. In the United States, call 1 (800) 833-6687. Even though the CS6 products are no longer officially supported in terms of technical issues, activation issues certainly are indefinitely supported. (If an agent indicates otherwise, immediately ask for a supervisor!)

Mess

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you called customer support for them to check that license number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I haven't yet. I was going to call tomorrow if I had no luck on here. I will give them a call in the morning and see what they can do. My previous experiance with adobe support hasn't been great hence trying here first.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think they need to look up that license number and it my be register to the other computer and the system has that license locked to that  other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely a question for Adobe's customer support. The main phone number for Adobe in the USA is 1 (800) 833-6687.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The others have already given you instructions to call Customer Support but you need to be aware of the fact that CS6 is unsupported under new Mac and Windows operating systems.

Creative Cloud, contrary to its name, is not cloud-based at all. The software is installed locally just like older perpetually licensed products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of Adobe …

To add to and confirm other information that others have provided earlier in this thread.

Issues in terms of activation absolutely cannot be resolved on these forums. They require a call to Adobe Customer Support. In the United States, call 1 (800) 833-6687. Even though the CS6 products are no longer officially supported in terms of technical issues, activation issues certainly are indefinitely supported. (If an agent indicates otherwise, immediately ask for a supervisor!)

Messages about licenses being revoked generally appear when Adobe detects that someone is trying to repeated activate a product beyond the two activations normally provided. This could be a sign that some criminal element has hijacked the serial number and is selling it to others. Note that if you have actually surpassed the two activation limit due to the need to replace a system (as you are apparently doing) and you didn't or forgot to deactivate the software on the systems being scrapped, Adobe Customer Support will normally grant you additional activations.

In terms of support of CS6 applications under the latest versions of MacOS and Windows, Adobe has neither tested such OS compatibility nor does it support same. The problem, simply stated, is that the operating system developers no longer guarantee application compatibility as they update their operating systems features. Previously, this was pretty much of a MacOS issue, but increasingly, it is a Windows issue as well. Generally speaking, the more complex the application (and Adobe's applications are large and complex), the more likely they are to be using operating system features that are either no longer supported or dramatically and incompatibly changed in the newer operating system releases. Part of the advantage of the newer subscription-based licensing is that as the operating systems change, updates at no additional cost are quickly released to the applications to maintain compatibility with the ever-changing operating systems.

And no, the vast majority of the “Creative Cloud” applications are not cloud-based. Yes, you install the application via download from servers, but after that, applications such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Premiere, etc. all run on your desktop system although there are some optional cloud-based services available from the desktop applications.

Hopefully this answers your questions. Call Adobe Customer Support and they should be able to resolve your issues by some combination of providing extra activations, unblocking the serial number, or issuing a new serial number. Please let us know if this resolves your issues.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ashleyh15603165
Did you get a solution for this? If yes, how? 
Would really appreciate a reply as I am facing a similar issue with my CS6 installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you read @Dov Isaacs post? The answer is right there.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines