Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

light squares when printing png files

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm working on a commissioned poster. I drew all kinds of pictures myself in the app 'Procreate' and exported them as png. In my indesign document these images are transparent, there is no background, however, when printing and exporting to PDF, very light squares appear around them. Can anyone help me why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just stick to CMYK since you are using PNGs and you wont see this. You are mixing color modes which happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is ok to use RGB images for CMYK files. Vectors should always be in CMYK in Print files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both! I didn't know about the color modes,  I will try to export my png files to illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mentioned YDB syndrome will also appear with other color modes, including CMYK, and other file types.

WHere does the PNG file come from? If it comes from Illustrator, like most logos come from there, use the AI or PDF/X-4 file instead. I avoid PNG so far as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Wili, with a different printer the boxes dissappear. I drew the symbols in Procreate and exported them to PNG. The next time I will export the to illustrator or maybe I can also better chose for TIFF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know procreate. Does it have some other output/export possibilities, like PDF or even EPS would be better or AI? Which you could diect import or edit in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Better is to use .psd

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines