• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line creating overset table impossible to delete

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm pretty new to InDesign and I'm working on a document created by someone else (this person is no longer available). On one page, there's a table in a text frame which present a little black line at the base in the left corner which I can't find how to delete. This little line is problematic since it shows on print and it oversets automatically the rows that exceed its position in another text frame. When I extend the frame downside, this little black line move further down, but it can't be dissociated from the table neither : when I copy/paste the table into another text frame, the line follows. I haven't seen any special hidden character of some sort for a page break or something like that. However, after this line, I can insert text. It makes me think of a kind of a frame footer, but I haven't seen any subject like that on InDesign Help. How can I get rid of it? Many thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

peux-tu faire une capture d'écran sur laquelle les caractères masqués sont affichés ? Ou faire un copier coller de ce tableau (ou d'une partie) dans un nouveau fichier et le partager ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looks like a separator line above a footnote

In my example below, you see a footnote set in the text at the top. A separator line appears above the footnote.

On the left, I've opened up the Story Editor (Edit > Edit in Story Editor) to see it in your file. If you see a footnote, you can delete it in the story editor.

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 7.25.09 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit in story editor isn't avaiblable to clic on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuing with @Steve Werner's answer, is the Legend actually the footnote below that table? In that case, you can remove the line in Type > Footnote Options > Layout and uncheck Rule on. 

~Barb

2022-12-02_08-48-34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! yes! that worked! many thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oups! however the space for a footnote is still there so I can't put the frame as near as I want to the table...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone... with all of your cues, I've found how to remove everything. Story editor wasn't available at first, but after removing the line, it became black and I found the problematic footnote. So thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines