• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link - OBJRs connected to links in other Link tags (Export to Interactive PDF for a11y remediation)

Participant ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 33-page doc that I created in ID. It has many links to URLs and email addresses throughout. I originally made this document last year and when it was exported to interactive PDF (for a11y remediation), all links were properly associated with the Link - OBJRs within the link tag associated with the link text. 

I made edits to the document recently and now when I export to PDF, link text and link destinations are matches accurately, however, the Link - OBJRs are connected to links elsewhere in the document. 

For example, I have a page of contacts with many email addresses. They all open to the email window ready to be sent to the proper email address, but if look at the Link - OBJRs they are associated with other links on the page or other pages altogether. 

Any insight?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ktdid.,

what happened to your InDesign installation?
Did you do an upgrade?

If yes, I'd suggest you go back to the version where the workflow worked.

You can get detailed information when and under what version and operating system a document was saved or modified:

Hold the Cmd key (Mac OS) or the Ctrl key (Windows) and go to menu About InDesign… .

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

At the time that this first occurred, I was running my old machine and hadn't made any changes. I usually am running the latest versions of all the Adobe apps I use.

Side note: I am now on a brand new mac and the CC installation process was terrible. I downloaded CC and could only install a few apps. It wouldn't allow me to install ID, PS, and Illustrator. I had have Adobe support help me — they used terminal and did things I don't understand to get CC to install properly…an issue I wouldn't have expected to have with a brand new mac. It was quite frustrating and a big time-suck.

Anyway, I THINK I may have discovered the issue:

Last year when I made this document, I created the contacts page from scratch and added each person's emails one by one, auto-styling them via the hyperlink setup/character styles.

This year, I added some new contacts and used the eyedropper to pull visual styles for some of the links. I use the eyedropper a lot to apply paragraph and character styles in my documents. I think this created the Link - OBJR mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks ktdid.,

it's hard to follow, because I do not know how your eyedropper tool is configured.

But I'm glad the issue is resolved for you. If your time allows, please post two InDesign document, one without the problem and the one where you used the eyedropper tool to see the effect.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines