Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked InDesign document in an ID document - background problem

Engaged ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have a large document (more, a few documets in a book) with lots of elements. one of these is a banner which is repeating (with different content). This banner was built in InDesign and includes an Illustrator document (the round icon at right) as a linked object. The AI-object backgound is transparent. The banner itself is a linked object in my book documents. So far so good.

After writing a PDF (the whole book) all these banners have a white rectangle behind the icon (AI). I found that if I drop the banner as bunch of in Design graphic elements, there is no white rectangle in the background. But: that´s not the solution.

false:

falsch.jpg

correctly:

richtig.jpg

The other thing is, if I save the documents or the pages one by one there´s no problem with that icon. Only at saving the whole book as a PDF-document.

Please let me get smarter: where is the problem? 🙂 Give me a hint how can it work by saving the whole book, before one say to do it one by one. There are lots of books I have to save as PDF and it would be easier to do it at one time.

regards

update:

I would like to add that I previously worked with the older version of InDesign (2019) and it worked there without any difficulties. Now I've switched to version 2020 (15.1.3) and I've had the problem ever since.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to share a page or two with graphics so i can test it here ? It sounds like the illustrator file is keeping the background transparency and not working correctly but i would like to test it please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I can not. But I guess it can't be the Illustrator file. It doesn't cause any problems if I write the relevant pages individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines