Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking text to excel while keeping paragraph formatting

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can I update a linked excel document while keeping character styles, including 'keep options'.

Overview of what I am trying to do: I need an excel document that the client fills in with all the events for the year and this excel document then needs to be put in a variety of documents - school diaries, calendars etc. The client also uses a soft enter for multiple entries in the same cell that they need to start on a new line.

I have currently got linked text boxes for each column in the excel document (e.g. public holidays, term weeks and school events). They are linking into the indd fine, but every time I update the excel, I have to reformat the character style, including the keep options, as every hard enter indicates to put the event into the next linked text box.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 2.35.24 pm.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-23 at 2.35.49 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines