• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links displaying incorrect in 2023 vs 2022?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a bit of a strange problem happening.  I have an extension in InDesign that allows me to import/place image from an online repo.  When I place these images, in 2022 it shows up like:

Adobe 2022 Links.png

2023:

Adobe 2023 Links.png

Then when I open up the exact same file in 2023, the name looks to be set to part of the path. And the path itself is actually diferent.  The blacked out part (privacy) url changes from <domain>/assets to  "api.<domain>/assets".  I have scripts that are based on the name, so this is causing me issues.

Linking other file type (like .ai) will have them show up fine in 2022, but in 2023 it'll be a PDF.  Given that it shows up fine in 2022, and not 2023, i figure its something on the InDesign side, rather than the plugin.

It seems so strange that plugin aside, the link metadata would be all different.

Thoughts?  I appreciate the help.

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I curious about your usage of "repo". Looking it up in Google gives amusing definitions like ("repossessed properties" and "a way to get high" but you might explain what you mean by "online repo",

But the fact that this appearance change because of using a plug-in makes me think that the developer of the plug-in may not have updated it for the very recently released Illustrator 2023.

I would contact your plug-in developer about the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant the plug-in might not work properly with InDesign 2023 and you might need to contact the developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! I am trying to get a hold of the developer, so will give that a go, but wanted to explore what ele it could be.

Can extensions change the way links appear such as in the images above? I'm not overly familiar with what extentions can do as far as those sorts of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a developer or even a scripter. I'm a teacher and a helper here on the forum. But I do know that the developer would be the best place to ask for this kind of problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good advice, Steve! By the way "repo", in this context, means "repository". - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines