Links embedded in a PDF created on a PC don't work when emailed from a Mac

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a flyer in InDesign (on a PC) which includes embedded links. I have exported into a PDF and made sure to select to include hyperlinks in the settings. I forwarded it to a colleague. When she e-mailed it out from her Mac, the recipient reported the links didn't work.  The links worked when I sent the document to the intended recipient and other colleagues myself. Am I missing a setting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of variables here, but the first thing I think you'd want to check is the PDF your colleague shipped by having her ship it back to you.

If the links work on the PDF your colleague shipped to you, you can probably attribute it to either the recipient's browser or a need for user education. If the links on the PDF your colleague shipped do not work, you can use Acrobat's compare function to sleuth differences between the PDF you shipped and the one you got back.

Give that a test, and let us know what you find out.

We're happy to help,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like it was embedded in an email as a graphic which certainly would have killed any interactivity. 

I'll tell you what I tell everyone else, interactive PDF is near-worthless format unless you can control the way its viewed and even then, they can be wonky.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines