Links not working

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks! We're producing a document via an XML import.  The issue we're having is that most of the links inside the imported content are not linkable.  Attached is a perfect test case.  The first link ("public website") works but not the second ("MyW&J").  As you can see, the structure is the same so we're stumped as to why it's inconsistent.

 

Notes:
- only the first link in the content of the entire document works

- BUT all of the "mailto" links work.


We've checked every imaginable setting for import and Indesign. Any ideas on what to check? Other technotes that might help?   Thanks! Kris 

 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

209

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the output PDF.  If anyone would like to see the XML file used for input, let me kow.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I tested every single link inside the document and I was able to find some consistency.  Here's what I discovered:
-- all HTTP links work
-- all HTTPS links do not work except:
-- -- the very first one on page 4 ("public website")
-- -- and if the text is printed as an actual "https://www.xyz.com"

 

I can't make sense of this inconsistency.  Any ideas?

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any ideas? Thoughts?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful. Love the support. Thank you Adobe.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thought is the ampersand in the label. If I create a hyperlink manually with "myw&j" it works with no issue. Perhaps the xml encoding for the import is causing an issue.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines