• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links panel shows "No transparency", but the images are transparent

Participant ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There're some transparent images in my document that Indesign confuses as non-transparent. The links panel says "Transparency: No". But when you open the image in Photoshop, you see that its on a checkered (non-existing) background, and you can flatten it if you want.

I've had similar problem with Indexed color images, I never understood why, but now I have the same with RGB images. Why this happens?

I tried saving to another format (for example from tiff to psd or vice versa) or converting to some RGB profile, and sometimes this solves the issue. But that's improvization, I would like to know why this happens and how to fix it properly.

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sd5e8a , A .PSD could have multiple layers with transparency and include a Background layer. If the Background layer is not hidden then InDesign will see the .PSD as having no transparency even when the are transparent layers above. Here I’m using InDesign’s Object Layer options... to hide and show the Background layer and the links panel shows the change:

Screen Shot.pngScreen Shot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@sd5e8a said: "There're some transparent images in my document that Indesign confuses as non-transparent. The links panel says "Transparency: No". "

Hm. Could you share a sample PhotoShop image?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines