• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links status perpetually set to "Modified"

Explorer ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for any help with a very strange issue InDesign CC 2018.1 started exhibiting this week. I'll be working on a document, and suddenly while I'm working on it, the Link status for all links will become "Modified" forcing me to update the links. What's odd is, this is all off my laptop's internal hard drive, NOT a server. I'll update the links, perform a save, and they'll immediately be set back to modified.

Any idea what might be going on? macOS 10.13.4 using an APFS volume.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by restoring your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice Steve. I had of course tried that to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If restoring preferences does not work then try trashing your InDesign cache files. This can be helpful in fixing problems within panels.

To do so:

With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the “Caches” folder. Within the Caches folder find and delete the entire file “Adobe InDesign”. I find that deleting the cache file completely leads to a lasting change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea Bill. Unfortunately, that didn't work either. Hmmm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a file in the user library preferences folder called “com.adobe.InDesign.plist” which you can try deleting. Deleting this file has worked for me in the past when just trashing the "Adobe InDesign" preference folder didn't work for the relief of some weird issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamie,

Are you using any 3rd party font management apps ?

I'm having the same issue and it seems to only occur when i enable the Extensis UTS plugin for InDesign.

Trashing prefs /caches/safe booting Mac have made no difference.

OS 10.13.4 - CC2018 - HFS+ Fusion drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrissieboy2010-

I use FontAgent 8.1.3 for my font management. For the particular files I was having problems with, which were not produced by me, I also needed to use Extensis Universal Type Client 6.1.6.

All the proposed remedies by Steve and Bill seemed to have no effect. However, one thing that has helped, but not cured the issue, is exporting the files to IDML, opening the IDML, then saving them, which was a good idea anyway, as these particular files were anywhere from 1 to a couple versions of InDesign old and produced out of the country.

Which version of UTC are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi'

We are having the same problem on several installations, and this is in our case related to Universal Type Client 6.1.6.
If i disable UTC plugin everything works just fine - I'am contacting there support now.

As a temp. solution it's seems to work if we SAVE AS.
New documents are not having this problem.

:: Mads Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the UTS removal tool found on the Extensis website. After a restart, I can confirm that this issue went away. Definitely a problem with UTS 6.1.6.

You can find the UTS removal tool here: Uninstall and Removing Universal Type Client – Extensis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same issue. Uninstalled UTC 6.1.6  and installed UTC 6.1.5. All works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UTC  V6.1.6 on my Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full instructions can be found here:

https://help.extensis.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005410534

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link is broken and I'm having the same issue all of a sudden in 2022. Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you found a solution? I'm having the same issue with 2022 & 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines