• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Little "equal sign marks" appearing on pdf when exporting from indesign

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are what appears to be little equal signs all over a pdf document I created from indesign. These are only visible on the pdf, not on the indd file. Sent all links to  our designer and she created a new indd file and pdf which displayed correctly. When I went to edit her indd file and save to pdf, the little marks appeared again. This is not happening with all my files, only this particular one.

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go...hopefully you can see them OK CW Adobe Example.PNGCW Adobe Example 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do these patterns print or only view? What viewing software are you using?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you package the files and post them on dropbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this? I'm seeing the exact same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you package the files and post them on dropbox?

By @BobLevine

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've worked it out. The template I was using seemed to have something hidden that was causing it to appear when exporting. I couldn't find it - but by manually selecting all the elements I wanted, cutting them to the clipboard, then ctrl-a deleting everything else, then pasting my manual selection back - that removed it. It was weird, as when I did that ctrl-a - nothing was visibly selected - but pressing delete seemed to get rid of that export artefact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>  as when I did that ctrl-a - nothing was visibly

Select all not select all))

It can be not selected locked objects, objects on master page, objects on hidden layers, etc. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines