Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Location for the export file same as the working file

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am having a problem exporting files from all Adobe programs. I just updated InDesign from version 18.1 to 18.2.1.

Before the update, the location for the export file was the same as the program file. However, since the update, it exports to the last location I used.

For example, when I have a Premiere Pro project and want to export it, by default it saves it to the completely other project folder where I last exported files from InDesign. It's really annoying to have to check the export folder every time (especially if the path is long) and it doesn't make sense to export to the last location since it would only work if I were working only on one project. I work on many different projects a day and I want the export files to go to the specific project folder.

Please help me to solve this issue!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would checking Preferences > File Handling > Links help this situation?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mike for the reply, but it has nothing to do with the links. It's about the export location...

I enclosed the export window to be more precise. What I want is for the export location to be bz default - where the project I'm working on is - not a random last place where I did another export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typically this used to happen when a file had not previously been exported, but once an export path was established it would be honored. I'm wondering if the version update or a prefs/cache reset might have deleted the path info from the file data.

If you export to the correct folder, then export another project to its correct folder, and return to the first, does it still want to export to the wrong folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines