• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long dead styles appear in TOC

Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am trying to build a new table of contents.

Where I add what styles I want to use to build the table of contents, there are tonnes of styles, many of which are long gone. 

Its within a book., does the TOC look throughout the book for styles (Rather than just the document I am building the TOC from)

Thing is I have been through the book and none of these styles exist so I really dont know where its coming from or how to get rid of them?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you synchronized the book since all the changes were completed? I believe that's the only way the Book TOC feature gathers the available styles. Do a sync.

However, note that a full sync will do fairly aggressive cleanup of all styles across all component documents, which can result in a need to fix changes in each. This cycle often has to be repeated a few times to achieve complete consistency and a clean layout. You may want to avoid that at this step, unless you want that complete consistency of styles — which is a good thing, but can wait.

So unless you want to match up content styles etc., you may want to limit this sync to just the TOC styles. Under Synchronize Options (in the Book pane's drop-down menu), uncheck everything except TOC Styles:

JamesGiffordNitroPress_0-1673624966157.png

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines