Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Losing table formatting when pasting a table from an InDesign print document to a digital document

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a table in an InDesign file set up as a print document.  I need to paste this table into another InDesign document that has been set up for digital. 

When I paste the table from the print file to the digital file, the table formatting does not paste accurately — it truncates and indicates text overflow (see screen capture). This doesn't happen when I paste the file into another print document. 

For frame fitting of the table, I've tried "fit frame to content" on, and off, but it doesn't solve the problem.  Neither does working with IDML versions of the files. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Paragraph or Character styles? Or other styles?

https://creativepro.com/beware-basic-styles/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eugene,

Many thanks for your note.  I haven't typically used styles for this table — it's a footer I use in the non-visible, non-printing slug area of artwork files, so I haven't wanted to add these styles to the style list of any particular working document. But, I have experimented with creating styles for the table in an effort to try to trouble-shoot, without any success.

I've used this same table across print and digital document slug areas for years without styles, and never had this issue.  

I discovered yesterday that if I create a brand new blank document (digital) with the same dimensions and slug specs as the working file in question, the problem does not occur; I can paste the table into the slug area and it transfers fine.  So I'm left thinking there's something wonky with my working file — some kind of conflict, that is creating the issue?  Or indeed some kind of style conflict I cannot determine? I tried saving out as an IDML, re-opening, and attempting again to paste the table, but still no luck.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines