• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lots of display weirdness with 17.0.1 on new M1 iMac & Monterey

Participant ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a new M1 iMac running Monterey and ID 17.0.1 and been working with it for a couple weeks and notice all kinds of screen weirdness.  Phantom duplicated type, and phantom image boxes that appear, but aren't really there, and disappear if I scroll away and back.  Also, things like overlapping text on the ID recent file names on the welcome screen (see attached).  command-O and command-N don't work when on this screen either.  Since I'm on a new M1 Mac, new OS, and new version of ID, not really sure which of these might be the issue, but I have noticed some similar screen issues on my 2018 MacBook Pro that is also running 17.0.1 & Monterrey. Are others experiencing similar issues? 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Hi @printlives:

Did you adjust the UI scaling to Large on either computer?

I saw something that may relate to this in the November InDesign newsletter this morning stating that screen glitches in 2022 can be minimized by setting the UI Scaling from Large to Small. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-newsletter-november-2021/td-p/12589643

~Barb

issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are countless other discussions on this topic. Read through them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't come on here that often, but it seems most of the threads I see with similar issues are on earlier of Beta versions.  Are people still having these issues with 17.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple just released a macOS 12.1 update. The Apple release notes don’t mention those graphics glitches specifically, but it’s worth trying…if you install 12.1, do the problems go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 12.1 but issue remained. Changing the UI scaling to small was the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @printlives:

Did you adjust the UI scaling to Large on either computer?

I saw something that may relate to this in the November InDesign newsletter this morning stating that screen glitches in 2022 can be minimized by setting the UI Scaling from Large to Small. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-newsletter-november-2021/td-p/12589643

~Barb

issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, @anthonygc.com. I'm glad that worked for you, and do note that the engineering team is working on this so we can assume that eventually, we won't get glitching with the UI scaling changes. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines