• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low resolution text when I print from InDeSign

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a document in indesign in a book format to print a book from home. I figured out the layout and how to print signatures and all that and everything is perfect except the text is kind of pixelated and low quality when I print. I am printing directly from the indsign document. Do I need to export it to something else. Am I missing a finalize step? Or is my Epson ET2760 just a crappy printer? I'm using Adobe Garamond Pro font. 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

When printing from InDesign, there is an unfortunate default menu selection in the Print dialog; see Print > Graphics > Images > Send Data...  The default is "Optimized Subsampling" but to get quality output, you must change it to "All".

And, printing PDF from Acrobat is better controlled, and recommended. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When printing from InDesign, there is an unfortunate default menu selection in the Print dialog; see Print > Graphics > Images > Send Data...  The default is "Optimized Subsampling" but to get quality output, you must change it to "All".

And, printing PDF from Acrobat is better controlled, and recommended. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give that a try. Thank you. I did try packaging the document to a PDF, but Acrobat is much less convenient when it comes to managing the signatures for binding. I know there is a technique to print pages 1-8 in booklet form as signature one then 9-16 for signature two and so on, but my page numbers in the document don't start until a few spreads in and it seems like Acrobat identifies page numbers, so pages 1-8 for my doc in Arcobat is really like 1-14 so it gets all messed up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines