• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac and PC compatibility

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything I'm seeing online says that InDesign should be cross compatible with PC and Mac, but when my colleague opens an InDesign file on her PC that was designed on my Mac computer, it changes the formatting by deleting all the spaces in the document. Anyone else have this trouble and have tips on how to fix?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not without real details. How about you start by telling us what version of InDesign you are both using as well as some screenshot showing us the problem.

If you want me to guess, I'd go with a font issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably a different version of the font with different metrics.

Ensure you're using the same font.

You can package the indesign file and include fonts - it will create a subfolder for fonts.

Retaining the file structure on both sides PC and Mac will ensure that both computers use the same fonts. 

If it still isn't working - it's probably due to compatibility of the font across Mac and PC.

In that case you should try for Open Type Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines