Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAC Plug-In Deduction Problem

Contributor ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm facing plug-in deduction problem in mac while downloading the plug-in from onedrive. Incase of copying and pasting it from local it's deducting properly.

Why it was happening????????

I have delivered the plug-in for my client and facing this type of issue.........

What to do with this it's look wierd..........

-Jo

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a case of unsigned/unnotarised installer or plugin. When you download from the web many programs like Safari add a quarantine flag to the file and this causes the unsigned/unnotarised apps to not load on your MAC. If you use something like curl to download, then I think it will work(but try it on another MAC).

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you mean by curl???????

I used chrome to upload will try it using safari and let you know..

-Jo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

curl is a command line utility. The problem is not upload but download and all browsers will have the same effect. This is not something that is designed to work this way and browsers will add the quarantine flag to comply with the MAC security rules.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsigned and unnotorized are two different issues. For the first, you could use curl, but in my opinion, that's tricky...

If you scroll down this helpx page, there is a method for de-quarantining in Terminal that I usually use:

Workaround for old plug-ins not created for macOS 10.15

For older plug-ins that are not notarized, customers with Admin user privileges can remove the quarantine flag by using the following command if the plug-in is installed in the Photoshop application plug-ins folder:

sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2019/Plug-ins/<plug-in-name>

Or, use the following command if the plug-in is installed in the shared Creative Cloud plug-ins folder:

sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC/<plug-in-name>

If the problem is that the plugin is unsigned, you'll need to set the debug flag, also using Terminal. Please note that instead of CSXS.8 we're up to 11 now.. however, if it isn't a CEP "Plugin" this step isn't necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@erinferinferinf I do know that unsigned and unnotarised are different things, the thing is that how this has been handled by Adobe is not clear to me at all. As per this article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-plugin-notarization.html

Plugins do not need to be code signed, I quote from the article

"To align with Apple's notarization rules, InDesign 2020 has enabled hardened runtime entitlement that allows third-party plugins to load into InDesign without the need to code sign them"

So the only thing left remaining is making the Gatekeeper happy with an unnotarised installer and that can be done either via the command you gave or via something like curl. Having said this I have seen mixed results, so far I personally have not found any MAC that absolutely needed signed and notarised plugins(that could be partially due to those being developer machine or maybe less thorugh testing and limited set of machines) but on the client end I have has people who were stuck and some just chuged along fine.

-Manan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, @Manan Joshi! This sounds even trickier than I expected... 😅

You're right, this is really unclear.

As an aside: I used to turn off "SIP" a few macOS's ago, but that's definitely not a solution for non-admins...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See into:

https://curl.se/

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knowledge base has a page on notarization. Did you follow that?

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-plugin-notarization.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines