• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS update has stopped me from being able to use my CS6 programs. Help

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my CS6 apps will no longer open and my computer asks for the developer to update them to work on the new OS. Is there any other way to get these programs back without being forced to use my time machine program to go back before to OS update? 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're totally on your own. CS 6 apps won't run on a current operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you upgraded to one of the recent Mac OS versions, they only run 64-bit software and no longer support 32-bit software.

I believe some of the CS6 software was 64-bit, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, InDesign CS6 was only 32-bit and will not run under the new OS. I'm not sure even if the CS6 64-bit software will run under the new OS either.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running CS6, upgrading your macOS to Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey is not a good option due to technical changes introduced by Apple.

If you intend to stay with CS6 and not subscribe to the Adobe Cloud then your best option may be to downgrade back to your previous operating system.

If you're feeling inclined, you may also be able to dual boot Mojave (for CS6) and Monterey (for everytHing else) on your Mac.

https://www.howtoisolve.com/dual-boot-mac-install-macos-catalina-macos-mojave-two-macos-on-different...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing from any backup or time machine will make any program unuseable.

CS6 is EOL, End of Life, no support anymore.

If you want to work with those programs you have tu subscribe to CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I were in your shoes, I'd have quite a list of things to do:

1. Time Machine to back before the OS update
  2. Disk Utility to partition the drive (or maybe just throwing another drive in)
  3. Fresh install of new OS on new partition or new drive
  4. (Maybe install of rEFInd if I now have 3 or mroe operating systems? That is a lot of steps, by itself)
  5. Migration of most of my stuff from old OS to new OS
  6. Going into the old OS where CS6 is still installed and ripping out all the networking so I'm not on a network with a machine that isn't receiving security updates 
  7. Imaging the old OS & storing images in multiple locations for the inevitable future moment of hardware failure, b/c I don't want to lose access to the old CS6 stuff

That's the outline of one way to continue using CS6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines