• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maintaining formatting when using paragraph styles.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a newspaper and we receive all our articles via email (usually in the body of the email). They have been formatted in the email. I need to copy into Indesign and change to our paragraph styles. I still need them original formatting though. How do I copy, convert to paragraph style and still maintain formatting?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lynda Davidson 1994 said: "How do I copy, convert to paragraph style and still maintain formatting?"

Hi Lynda,

sounds like an impossible thing to do.

But if you want to maintain some of the properties like Bold, Italic and BoldItalic perhaps, you could try Marc Autret's script RichPaste for InDesign that is working with the contents of the clipboard:

RichPaste | Copy and Paste with Minimal Formatting [UPDATE]
Marc Autret, April 06, 2016

When it comes to pasting text from another document or application, InDesign provides two options, either keeping the original text attributes, fonts, styles (the full 'Paste' feature), or removing all attributes ('Paste without formatting'.) We also have tools and preferences in the field of style mapping, but on many occasions these features do not fit the need of dealing quickly with basic formatting problems. Here RichPaste comes to the rescue…

https://www.indiscripts.com/post/2015/10/richpaste-copy-and-paste-with-minimal-formatting

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines