Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Perfromance Problems

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

I am facing more and more major performance problems with Indesign and Illustrator. Typically, the software stops responding or just freezes.

My IT equipment is definitely sufficient for theses kind of tools as I am also into 3d modelling and animation.

Any suggestions? It has become impossible to efficiently work with these tools...

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

Sorry to hear of your troubles. 

Can you please give an overview of your equipment

RAM

HD Space

Computer Model

Operating system

etc

Can you please identify which versions of InDesign/Illustrator are giving issues.

Are there any warnings/dialog boxes coming up.

A few quick solutions would be to Reset Preferences and it's the same for both applications - run it on both.

The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign/Illustrator starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.

This may fix some issues.

If you're still having issues - then perhaps try the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines