Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make a book with Hebrew text

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I have Indesign in French and I need to make a book model with a text in Hebrew.
Who can help me to integrate a pagination from right to left and the same for the text?
Thanks very much

TOPICS
How to , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Open up your Creative Cloud app (not InDesign) and, in your preferences, change your language to one that supports Arabic; I recall that there is a French (Arabic) option. Then go back to the Apps section and reinstall InDesign: it won't take long, as it's not reinstalling the whole app, just adding right-to-left support. Then, your document setup dialog will allow right-to-left binding, your paragraph panel will have right-to-left paragraph direction buttons, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at many questions posted here on that exact topic over the many years; you are better off having a separate installation that support hebrew/arabic language. It becomes a bit of a nightmare otherwise.

Often, a designer will spend a lot of time getting it right, saves the design. When reopening the file, the text is then reversed back-to-front.

So you are better off installing the correct language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

Pouvez-vous me dire comment faire une installation séparée ?

Cordialement
Alexandre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open up your Creative Cloud app (not InDesign) and, in your preferences, change your language to one that supports Arabic; I recall that there is a French (Arabic) option. Then go back to the Apps section and reinstall InDesign: it won't take long, as it's not reinstalling the whole app, just adding right-to-left support. Then, your document setup dialog will allow right-to-left binding, your paragraph panel will have right-to-left paragraph direction buttons, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. I have a German installation, above that I have installed Hebrew and Arabic. So I have German Interface and the possibility to use Hebrew. I have a lot of mixed books, bible commentaries with Hebrew and German. With the German installation I get also the German DUDEN language tools, which are not installed with other languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toutes les explications pour procéder à l'installation sont ici : 

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/indesign/kb/access-install-hebrew-arabic-indesign-illustrator-CC.html#:~:...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

J’ai procédé à l’installation d’Indesign en modifiant la langue mais cela ne change rien

Cordialement
Alexandre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines