Make chapters start on new page in reflowable ePub

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've laid out a book in InDesign (CC v 16.4) on a Mac (Montery v 12.1). The entire book is in one document but each chapter is a separate story. When I export to reflowable ePub, I can't get the chapters to start on a new page.  They all flow from the chapter before with just the space I've assigned in the "chapter #" paragraph style I created. How do I get the chapter to start on a new page?

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022
I finally found the solution. I opened the Paragraph Style Options for my "chapter #" style. In "Keep Options" I chose Start Paragraph "On Next Page." Voila! That did the trick.

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the solution. I opened the Paragraph Style Options for my "chapter #" style. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 2.44.45 PM.png

In "Keep Options" I chose Start Paragraph "On Next Page." 

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 2.46.59 PM.png

Voila! That did the trick.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's pretty much how it's done in all documents, print, PDF etc.

With EPUB, though, it depends on the reader. Not all of them will break to a new screen-page on a page-break directive, because of the HTML basis for the document. It works on through to Kindle and in some small-screen readers, but if you open your doc on a full-screen reader like a browser plug-in, you won't see page breaks.

|| Word & InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): a Professional Guide (Amazon)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines