• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make clickable web hyperlink from linked images, list.txt...

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We have some books with imported zapcodes png images.

I make one excel table or txt list where is in first column image name (image.png) and in second web link where is hyperlink destination.

12728_Allegro_5_1.pnghttps://www.some-link/1649ab4e-b145-4a11-9e04-905083736891/
12728_Allegro_5_2.pnghttps://www.some-link/dodatni-digitalni-sadrzaji/36f8f8bb-aeb9-4b30-9daa-4e465c790da5/
12728_Allegro_5_3.pnghttps://www.some-link/dodatni-digitalni-sadrzaji/d7c7b933-63d4-4ac1-99d9-0a35c120ce91/
12728_Allegro_5_4.pnghttps://www.some-link/dodatni-digitalni-sadrzaji/f44de7b6-c0e6-4bc2-b9ef-ffe0e437ac84/

Need script which can make hyperlink for this link/images in the list.

Thanks

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

A while ago I wrote a function which gets data directly from Excel which is, in my opinion, unfairly ignored by the scripting community.

And here I wrote a quick & dirty script that does what you want (at least, as far as I understood your requirements).

Here I posted the package:

• script
  • excel file
  • before and after InDesign documents for testing
  • links

The starting point: PNGes are placed, no hyperlinks created yet.

2018-07-29_13-37-11.png

The data in Excel file

I used some links to my site because yours don't work.

2018-07-29_14-11-56.png

Run the scri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Need script which can make hyperlink for this link/images in the list.

This forum is not a place where you ask people to write scripts for you -- not for free, anyway. So if you need a script, hire somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Peter+Kahrel  wrote

> Need script which can make hyperlink for this link/images in the list.

This forum is not a place where you ask people to write scripts for you -- not for free, anyway. So if you need a script, hire somebody.

Oops! Sorry, Peter. It won't happen again. I just wanted to write something simple for fun. Going on vacation in a couple of days so won't get to computer for about a month.

— Kasyan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, many of my custom script is here...when I have some script this script go here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that does not make it okay to post just any request to have a fully custom script written for you.

The Illustrator Scripting Forum has a banner at the top that explains it much better: the forum is to help people writing scripts, not help them by writing scripts for free. Of course there just may be someone who has the time to help you out, but bluntly posting a request and then sitting back and waiting for the cash free work to roll in is not the intention of this forum.

• This forum is a place for getting help and sharing information about scripting in Adobe Illustrator.
  • Please avoid questions like: "I want to develop this workflow via script. How could I do this?"
  • Instead, try to create your scripts, share your experiences and then ask for help regarding your scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A while ago I wrote a function which gets data directly from Excel which is, in my opinion, unfairly ignored by the scripting community.

And here I wrote a quick & dirty script that does what you want (at least, as far as I understood your requirements).

Here I posted the package:

• script
  • excel file
  • before and after InDesign documents for testing
  • links

The starting point: PNGes are placed, no hyperlinks created yet.

2018-07-29_13-37-11.png

The data in Excel file

I used some links to my site because yours don't work.

2018-07-29_14-11-56.png

Run the script and select the xlsx-file

2018-07-29_13-48-27.png

For long spreadsheets the progress bar is useful

2018-07-29_13-49-44.png

The script completed

2018-07-29_13-38-55.png

Hyperlinks have been created and are working

2018-07-29_13-39-11.png

Finally, if you don't like the result, you can 'Undo' the whole script

2018-07-29_13-42-40.png

Hope it helps!

Kasyan

P.S. Warning: this script illustrates -- in the simplest possible form -- the approaches I use for automating common tasks such as mass-production of hyperlinks and using existing data in Excel. I don't promise it would for everyone on all occasions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> which is, in my opinion, unfairly ignored by the scripting community

Maybe you didn't advertise it enough. Looks great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you didn't advertise it enough. Looks great!

I advertised (mentioned) it many times here and on the neighbouring InDesign forum, but almost didn't get any feedback.
Here I gave a practical example of its usage. My main idea which I want to advertise is we can combine InDesign scripts (including JS) with other scriptable apps -- for example, Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, etc. -- written in VB and AppleScript.

— Kas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks thanks thanks Kasyan. Your solution work like charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kasyan,

You wouldn't still happen to have this very helpful package lying around anywhere would you? Or at least the "quick and dirty script" you provided? I have pretty much the exact same need and this seems like it was a great solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines