• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making template for a book

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to make a template for a book. I want to make, that this determinate text, modify other text in other pages. I want to make a template for books. That the name of the book, in all the document, change, if you writes in one especific text box. ¿Its made possible?

English is not my language, sorry.

Lo escribo también en mi idioma, donde me expreso mejor:

Lo que necesito, es crear una casilla de texto, que el usuario pueda modificar y al hacerlo, se modifiquen determinados campos en diferentes páginas del libro.

Por ejemplo:

Mi plantilla es para una novela; en la página de créditos, existe el campo: nombre del libro y nombre del autor. Lo que necesito es, que al escribir en ese lugar ambos datos, se modifiquen automáticamente los nombres del libro y del autor en varias páginas.

¿Sería eso posible o no existe esa opción?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

One way would be to use the content collector tool, select the original text box and place it as a link in a new location, when the original text is changed, all links of the text will also change (upon link update). You can also look into using conditional text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this by creating a text variable. Define the text variable by choosing Type > Text Variables > Define. You'll probably want to use a Running Header (paragraph style). Now insert that variable on a master page that is being used by your document pages. Apply the appropriate paragraph style to the text you want replicated throughout your document and everywhere that the variable occurs, should now change to the text in which you've applied the style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way would be to use the content collector tool, select the original text box and place it as a link in a new location, when the original text is changed, all links of the text will also change (upon link update). You can also look into using conditional text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines