• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making web banners in different formats: Is Photoshop or Indesign the "right" tool?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I need to make 20 web banners, and each of them need to be made in 5 different formats. I usually make these in Indesign as I already have the layouts for print ready. I just make the necessary adjustments for web - then I use Alternate layouts (or Data merge it all depends). I'm not Photoshop-savvy, and I fear I can't do sudden changes to text/colors as quickly as I'd like.

I have a colleague that prefers them as .psd files though. Is there any way I can do this in Photoshop effectively? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest posting your question in the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would make more sense! My bad 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer InDesign because it’s typesetting capabilities are much better. If the banner is typecentric then ID, if there needs to be a lot of image manipulation then PS.

Ultimately you have to export to a flattened web image format whether you use Photoshop or InDesign, so with InDesign set up the page to the desired pixel dimensions and export to JPEG or PNG at 72ppi to get matching image pixel dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design it in InDesign

Then bring the layers into Photoshop to create the PSD.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/how-to-export-indesign-layers-to-photoshop-layer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct Adobe tool for this, if you have a choice, is Adobe Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines