• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manipulate drop shadow

Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm hoping to make a graphic similar to this. In particular, I'm struggling with the shadow.

How do I make a shadow like this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Using a drop shadow effect will only act as an extension of a shape so it won't work to make a shadow that does not reflect the contour of the shape. It needs a workaround. In the screen shot below I made the custom shadows by first drawing an ellipse to roughly the shape I needed, filling it with black and applying the Directional Feather Effect using the settings shown. I then moved the shape backward in the stacking order to be behind the shape that needed the shadow and applied the opacity a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is a drop shadow, but a separate shape with blur and opacity applied. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a drop shadow effect will only act as an extension of a shape so it won't work to make a shadow that does not reflect the contour of the shape. It needs a workaround. In the screen shot below I made the custom shadows by first drawing an ellipse to roughly the shape I needed, filling it with black and applying the Directional Feather Effect using the settings shown. I then moved the shape backward in the stacking order to be behind the shape that needed the shadow and applied the opacity and Multiply as shown in the Effects Panel. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 4.56.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you. I'll give that a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines