• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Margin (gutter) with a two-page diagram spread

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some line diagrams for a book that are too large to fit on a single page so I have to do a two page spread.

I have found a number of tutorials on how to do this for photographs but nothing on how to do it for diagrams where you can't really hide anything.

Should I have dupliciation on the two pages such that there is a thin strip with the same material? Or does a break work better in this situation?

For a given number of pages, how close to the spine should I go with the diagrams?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's too many factors to consider.

How many pages.

Micron of pages

Creep calculations

You should order a dummy book from your printers. Or consult with them. As each printer will carry different stocks and different weights of paper.

We don't know what binding equipment is going to be used, if it's threadsewn there's typically another 1mm added to the spine width... that's if your book will have a spine.

You are 100% better off consulting with your print vendor - and relay your concerns with them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines