Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Margins don't correspond to setup

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe experts!

I have a document that I set up with an outer margin of 0.5 in and a bottom margin of 0.75 in.

However, when I look at any page onscreen (master or doc page), the margins show as completely different to this, against the ruler (approx 0.75 in and 1.5 in - see screenshot).

What the **** is going on?

https://gyazo.com/a4af9c8b9621807d9cf0497f90be2401

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Margins and Columns are a page property—the Document Setup sets the initial margins for the document but each page or master page can have custom margin settings. Select all of the pages you want to change in the Pages panel then select Layout>Margins and Columns and enter the desired settings for the selected pages.

Screen Shot 41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screen shot, the color of the ruler is so dark that it's not legible. Can't see anything useful.

I'd change your interface color to make it more legible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Page menu > margins and columns.

Capture d’écran 2021-04-17 à 21.27.33.jpg

What does it show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same thing happen before. Go to Layout > Margins and Columns. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi both.

Yes, Layout>Margins and columns shows the "correct" numbers - i.e. they correspond to the actual document.

But (a) why are they different? and (b) I set the document to 0.5/0.75 when I created it.

Is this an Indesign bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and how do I correct it? I can't use Adjust Layout as this already thinks the margins are at their target size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Margins and Columns are a page property—the Document Setup sets the initial margins for the document but each page or master page can have custom margin settings. Select all of the pages you want to change in the Pages panel then select Layout>Margins and Columns and enter the desired settings for the selected pages.

Screen Shot 41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. Thank you Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines