• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master page A

Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Hi all , my problem is that when i open indesign and create randomly i mean two or five blank pages, and then double click master A page and insert anything it automatically applies all pages , this only happen with Master A , not with Master B or Master C, why please guide me 

Thanks to all

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Print , Publish online , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Master A is applied to your pages at the begining.

So any pages assigned the Master A page will automatically have the items on Master Page A appear on all pages.

If you make Master Page B - and apply an object to it. That won't appear on any of the pages as they are all assigned to Master A.

To get Master B items to appear on the pages - you need to drag your Master B page to the Page in the Pages Panel to apply - or right click the page and find the instruction to Apply Master Pages.

If you want your Master B to have the elements of Master A + extra items.

You can create Master B page - then right click the Master B page and go to the options, and choose that is Based On Master Page A.

Your Master Page B will now have the same items as Master A - plus you can add more items to Master B pages. 

Any changes that you make to Master A - appear on Master B (as they are linked) - except the addition items.

You can read more about how to use Master Pages here.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/master-pages.html

And here

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/how-to/work-with-multi-page-documents.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks i got your point that Anything applied on Master A will applied on all pages automatically...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To Clarify...

Items applied to master A will be applied to [document] pages that have master A applied to them, NOT necessarily all pages. Items applied to master B will be applied to [document] pages that have master B applied to them, not necessarily all pages.

Other masters can show master A items, and therefore the pages that use those masters, ONLY IF the masters are based on master A. Of course, other masters can be created by duplicating master A, but they will not continually update if changes are made to master A.

Master pages can be complicated and can take a while to fully understand, so don't get frustrated. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines