Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

microsoft publisher to Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have created a document using Microsoft Publisher. I want to open it in Indesign and do some edit. There is texte & graphics. How can I do that without redesigning the whole document. Can I convert it using an online converter or an other program. I have saved the file in a PDF format.

Can please help.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Markzware has an online conversion service for relatively low cost. Definitely cheaper than the time to rebuild. Check there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markzware has an online conversion service for relatively low cost. Definitely cheaper than the time to rebuild. Check there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply. I've checked their website but it's kind of expensive. Are there other alternatives that you are aware of that would do the job. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Markzware is really the only game in town for an actual conversion. If you had a PDF, there are a few utilities to convert those, but it's not the best solution, and, there's a cost for that as well.

You might find someone of one of the "freelance services" sites that have people offering conversion, but again, there's a cost for that. Might be cheap, but you get what you pay for.

So really, if you are looking for a cheap or free option, that's not a thing. Even when I had a PUB2ID plugin waaaaaaay back in CS5 days, I would still charge a minimum of $50 to convert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the rapid reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the type of PDF and kind and number of edits, you may be able to undertake simpleediting of the PDF in Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the PDF in Acrobat and save as Word. Place that. Results will be, um, unpredictable, but it won't take long to find out how well it will work and it may just be good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines