Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing characters

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to understand why there are missing characters in my text.

I purchased Syntax .otf font published by Linotype, and checked that the characters were showing before purchasing the font.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 10.16.22.png

But when I typed the characters out (or copy and pasted) there are missing characters showing within InDesign 18.1 (see example below). 

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 10.12.47.png

Why might this be?

Any advice is gratefully received.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Did you purchase the Std version or the Pro version? Czech is supported only in the Pro version. And seeing your screenshot, you bought it on the FontShop site, not on the Linotype site (but it does not matter)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase the Std version or the Pro version? Czech is supported only in the Pro version. And seeing your screenshot, you bought it on the FontShop site, not on the Linotype site (but it does not matter)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jmlevy Yes, you are right. I purchased the Std version when I should have purchased the Pro version. Costly mistake!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you can negociate with FontShop, if you promise to delete the Std version and to pay only for the difference between the 2 versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines