Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing font even though I created the document

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am often encountering a problem where InDesign tells me I am missing fonts for that document, even though I created that document yesterday. I am trying to open it on the same machine as I created it with! Also, I am not always using Adobe Fonts (Cloud) and it only happens with fonts I have installed.

Does anyone have the same problem and found a solution for it? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use any font management software? What is your OS? Are you sure that the fonts were not in a “Document Fonts” folder that you have deleted or moved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be, that you used a style in a character style without a font family defined. If you apply this character style on a paragraph with a font family used which does not have this style, you get a missing font. It can happen automatically with cross references, bullets, numbers, nested styles, GREP styles …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a question, answer to me, I was logged in with another account. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines