• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing fonts in InDesign, but it is installed and works in other Adobe apps

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today Adobe InDesign (current version) won't find two of my installed fonts: Montserrat Bold and Montserrat Regular. These fonts are actively installed on my Windows 10 PC, and I even tried syncing them from Adobe Fonts, but nothing worked. It shows that the fonts are active in Adobe Creative Cloud and InDesign, yet it still appears missing and substitutes it with Minion Pro.

Here are the steps I've tried:

• Restarting InDesign
  • Starting a new document (the font is still missing in new documents as well)
  • Reinstalling the font from Google Fonts (and installed it for all users)
  • Syncing the font from Adobe Fonts (it says the font is active, but it is still missing)
  • Signing out of Adobe on my PC
  • Restarting my PC
  • Clearing my InDesign preferences and cache

I've confirmed that the font appears and works in:

• Adobe Illustrator
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Microsoft Word

Any help would be appreciated. I've never encountered this error before in all my years of using InDesign.

System:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

• Syncing the font from Adobe Fonts (it says the font is active, but it is still missing)

It will not help, on the contrary. I bet that there is a conflict between the Google (installed) version and the Adobe fonts (activated) version. Choose the one you want to use and deactive or uninstall the other one.

Since I am on a Mac, I do not know if cleaning the font caches is useful or even possibl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not help, on the contrary. I bet that there is a conflict between the Google (installed) version and the Adobe fonts (activated) version. Choose the one you want to use and deactive or uninstall the other one.

Since I am on a Mac, I do not know if cleaning the font caches is useful or even possible on Windows, but if it is, do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I am on a Mac, I do not know if cleaning the font caches is useful or even possible on Windows, but if it is, do it.

It is! I have to do it on a regular basis, these days. This is odd, and recent behavior, as I've been having lots of issues with Adobe fonts not displaying in some-but-not-all apps, as of maybe nine months ago. 

PeopleKeep, if jmlevy's advice doesn't fix your font situation, you're going to want to clean every Monserrat off your system, and then only put one back in. This means you're going to deactivate it in Adobe Fonts, and delete it from your \Windows\Fonts folder. Also look in any "Document Fonts" folder that might have it, and anyplace else that a font might hide. You may have put fonts into the Program Files\Adobe\Indesign\Fonts folder, or you might have bought fonts through the Microsoft Store. I can't think of any others off the top of my head. 

Once you've really cleaned your system of Monserrat, then you should:

Sign out of Creative Cloud

Restart your machine

MAYBE clear font caches & restart again

Then sign back in and re-add Monserrat, only once. 

Note that there are two links there, one to delete Adobefnt.lst files, and another to clear out the Windows font cache. Hopefully you won't need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @PeopleKeep ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. In addition to the suggestions shared above you can also try the steps shared here and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines