Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing fonts won’t activate.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new MacBook Pro which uses MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1

I had files I was previously working on in Indesign on my old MacBook Air that I transferred over. At first, Indesign wouldn't even open, it was just staying on the loading screen while the wheel spun. I solved this by holding Control, Command, Option and Shift and deleting Indesign preferences. But now my fonts won't activate from my files I transferred over, I've tried deactivating and then activating them again but it won't even let me do that, it just says activating and never does. When I try to view my typekit on the creative cloud desktop app, it won't open and just tries to load up the whole time. I checked if I have any plug ins for Indesign but I don't so I know that's not the problem. I'm not sure what else I can try, any help would be appreciated. Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Yeah it's M1 chipped, I spent a couple of hours today on live chat to Adobe support and the lady did tell me there was some problems with that. But we finally got it fixed! I'm not sure what she done as we had to go through a lot of of options to get it. So all sorted now but Thanks for your reply:).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your new MacBook Pro an M1 chip-equipped one?

Running InDesign, which was compiled to run on an Intel-equipped Mac, is currently a problematic proposition. It only runs through Apple's Rosetta 2 emulator, and has developed numerable issues.

I hate to sound so discouraging, but do you still have your old MacBook Air? I know that Adobe's working to develop a Silicon-native version of all its apps. But unfortunately, it's not there yet.

I wish I had better news for you. For the latest status on how Adobe apps work with the Silicon platform, you can refer to this link.

Hope this helps a little bit,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's M1 chipped, I spent a couple of hours today on live chat to Adobe support and the lady did tell me there was some problems with that. But we finally got it fixed! I'm not sure what she done as we had to go through a lot of of options to get it. So all sorted now but Thanks for your reply:).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. I'm glad that folks got you up and running smoothly again. And I hope that things will run smoothly from here on out.

If you have any problems or issues in the future with InDesign, or heck any other Adobe application, feel free to come back here and sound the alarm. There are lots of sharp folks around here who are happy to help.

Glad things worked out for you,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running Indesign on a macbook air with the M1 chip, and the latest InDesign update which now shoul support M1 (16.3.2).

I have the same issue with Adobe Fonts not loading. Also in the adobe CC app, under "manage fonts", i just get the "loading adobe fonts" message with the loading wheel, that never seems to stop loading.

Are there any solutions to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Fonts seem to be loading but the wheel just keeps spinning. Have tried turning off and on in Creative cloud and ticking activated automatically in preferences as well as logging in and out through help menu - How can I get this fixed?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have the same problem on my new macbook air with M1.

I'll need help ASAP.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines