Missing Image/No Access to Original File

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running on Windows with Adobe Indesign 2020. I recently made a presentation deck with a lot of images but sadly I don't save the image. So there are pages of broken links within the document. Tried to save it as IDML and didn't work either. Any solution to this? I have no access to the image whatsoever. Consider it gone. Please Help I need it 😞 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've deleted the images, and they truly were just linked (as opposed to embedded) then there is no solution. There is nothing in the file that could resurrect them.

If you happened to save a PDF at any point, you could extract the images from that, but only at the quality level of the PDF as made.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, here's the situation:

i work with Adobe Indesign 2020 and currently trying to downgrade the file to IDML version. However, the image is there in the 2020 CC version. I only lost the image when i save it as IDML. Is there any solution i could work around? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I only lost the image when i save it as IDML."

Hm. Do you mean perhaps you lost the preview to the image when you save to IDML and then open the IDML file as InDesign document? That's normal and cannot be avoided with placed and linked images. InDesign is building a new document from IDML'S XML from scratch. Previews for placed and linked images must be rendered anew in the process. InDesign needs the original image files to do that.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines