• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing links not marked as missing

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign doc open where when I try to export, the export keeps failing. At first I thought this was happening during image downsampling, but I've further diagnosed the problem to be that I have several links in my links panel that have broken paths.

So why aren't they listed as missing links? I keep getting zero errors in my preflight, but when I try to embed these supposedly working links, InDesign says it has failed to embed the image.

Any ideas what's going on here?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please allow me to ask a few questions.

1. What kind of computer are you using InDesign on and what version of the program are you using?
  2. How are you trying to export the file? In what format(s)?
  3. What file format(s) are the files with broken paths? Are they stored on your computer? Or on a physical or virtual server? Are you working from a cloud storage service like Dropbox, OneDrive or iCloud?
  4. Is the InDesign file stored in the same place? Or are the images on, say, a folder on your company server and the photos stored in the cloud?
  5. What preflight profile are you using to check the files? Are you using Live Preflight? Or are you using the packaging preflight function to check your files? Is Live Preflight not alerting, but the packaging preflight discovering the broken links?

If you can share answers to these questions, it'll help us figure out exactly what's going wrong and what you need to do to get out of your predicament. There are lots of sharp folks around here, but we'll need details to be able to help you.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines